About the Author
Yevdokimov Moscow State University of Medicine and Dentistry,
2. Yoon SS, Carroll MD, Fryar CD. Hypertension prevalence and control among adults: United States, 2011–2014. NCHS Data Brief 2015; 220: 1–8.
3. Williams B, Mancia G, Spiering W et al. 2018 ESC/ESH Guidelines for the management of arterial hypertension. Eur Heart J 2018; 39 (33): 3021–104. DOI: 10.1093/eurheartj/ehy339
4. Márquez PHP, Torres OH, San-José A et al. Potentially inappropriate antihypertensive prescriptions to elderly patients: results of a prospective, observational study. Drugs Aging 2017; 34: 453–66.
5. Petrák O, Zelinka T, Štrauch B et al. The analysis of 1254 consecutive patients with uncontrolled hypertension. J Hum Hypertens 2016; 30: 35–9.
6. Al-Ganmi AH, Perry L, Gholizadeh L, Alotaibi AM. Cardiovascular medication adherence among patients with cardiac disease: a systematic review. J Adv Nurs 2016; 72: 3001–14.
7. Okonofua EC, Simpson KN, Jesri A et al. Therapeutic inertia is an impediment to achieving the Healthy People 2010 blood pressure control goals. Hypertension 2006; 47: 345–51.
8. McCallum L. Hypertension – state of the art 2017. Clin Med (Lond) 2017; 17: 338–40.
9. Corrao G, Parodi A, Nicotra F et al. Better compliance to antihypertensive medications reduces cardiovascular risk. J Hypertens 2011; 29: 610–8.
10. Wald DS, Law M, Morris JK et al. Combination therapy versus monotherapy in reducing blood pressure: meta-analysis on 11,000 participants from 42 trials. Am J Med 2009; 122: 290–300.
11. Weir MR, Hsueh WA, Nesbitt SD et al. A titrate-to-goal study of switching patients uncontrolled on antihypertensive monotherapy to fixed-dose combinations of amlodipine and olmesartan medoxomil ± hydrochlorothiazide. J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 2011; 13: 404–12.
12. Volpe M, Christian Rump L, Ammentorp B, Laeis P. Efficacy and safety of triple antihypertensive therapy with the olmesartan/amlodipine/hydrochlorothiazide combination. Clin Drug Investig 2012; 32: 649–64.
13. Tsioufis K, Douma S, Kallistratos MS, Manolis AJ. Effectiveness and Adherence to Treatment with Perindopril/Indapamide/Amlodipine Single-Pill Combination in a Greek Population with Hypertension. Clin Drug Investig 2019; 9 (4): 385–93. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40261-019-00761-0
14. Mancia G, Fagard R, Narkiewicz K et al. 2013 ESH/ESC Guidelines for the management of arterial hypertension: the Task Force for the management of arterial hypertension of the European Society of Hypertension (ESH) and of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). J Hypertens 2013; 31 (7): 1281–357. DOI: 10.1097/01.hjh.0000431740.32696.cc
15. Belsey JD. Optimizing adherence in hypertension: a comparison of outcomes and costs using single tablet regimens vs individual component regimens. J Med Econ 2012; 15: 897–905.
For citation:Adasheva T.V., Samorukova E.I., Zadionchenko V.S., Laricheva K.A. Role of fixed combinations in modern treatment of arterial hypertension: new or well overlooked old? Systemic Hypertension. 2019; 16 (4): 33–37. DOI: 10.26442/2075082X.2019.4.190733